01 July 2019

50 Million Things

As a busy Mom of 4 I feel like the minute I wake up until the moment I go to bed there are "50 million things" that I have to do.  I want to do them all and I want to do them well.  Very often I feel overwhelmed and full of anxiety.  I find myself having to write things down or text myself lists to remember everything.
 
I have to plan birthday parties.
 
I have to plan play dates.
 
I have to keep up with my friends.
 
I have to support my husband in his career.
 
I have to go to work and excel in my career.
 
I have to feed my family dinner.
 
I have to pack lunches for camp.
 
I have to work out.  (Guys...I don't do this...but I HAVE to)
 
I have to check in on my parents.
 
I have to have quiet time with God.
 
I have to go food shopping.
 
Do you ever feel like you just can't keep up?  Do you feel like you just want everything to stop, and wait, and for everyone to be quiet so you can think?
 
There are times I actually tell the kids, "Please stop talking/fighting/yelling, Mommy is trying to think."
 
What does a person DO when there is so much to DO?
 
I refuse to get discouraged.  I know this is just "a season", but I wonder does every mom/parent feel like this?  Do you all feel like you are on a gerbil wheel going at the fastest pace possible and you just want to get off and sit?
 
I miss nap time.
 
I miss reading novels.
 
I miss the quiet.
 
I miss free time.
 
I think for me I need to start prioritizing my "50 million things."  I need to start saying what I have to do and what I need to do.
 
And too often my list is about everybody else's needs and not my own and definitely not about God.  #selfcare
 
I feel like what I NEED the most is quiet time with Him so that I can actually prioritize properly and less of doing all this other stuff.
 
I Still haven't figured it all out yet.  I Still feel like there are 50 Million things to do...
 
But God has got me!  I literally have the best husband a girl could ask for.
 
And sometimes the bravest thing to do is say...I need help.
 
 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails