02 October 2019

And so, The Adventure Begins...


In Revelations 21: 5 it says…”Behold I am making all things new.  Write, for these words are faithful and true.”

God is in the business and beauty of making things new.  He molds us, changes us, stretches us and challenges us to newness.

The seasons change.  The weather changes daily.  Our feelings change.  Our bodies change.  Our babies grow into little people.  Our lives are constantly in a state of change and newness.  Once you start getting comfortable you can rest assured that change is eminent and that newness is up ahead.

I really don’t like newness as much as I thought I did.  Newness means change.  I like the norm, the predictable, and the safety in knowing exactly what I can expect will happen. 

God doesn’t change.  His love doesn’t change.  But we do!  Our circumstances are constantly making us adapt and embrace change.

I read a quote recently that I loved, “So, I close my eyes to old ends And open my heart to new beginnings.
 
 

This year is another new beginning for us as now we have a middle schooler!  Julia will be 12 in a few short months and she is blossoming into this WOMAN right before our very eyes.

And so, the adventure begins…

Part of me says…”I’m not ready for this!”

The other part of me says, “Girlfriend, you literally have no choice!”

The best time for new beginnings is now.
 

As we embrace this new beginning for our family of having a Pre-teen I know that God is working and preparing our hearts and minds for all it is we will have to accomplish and teach our children.

I am still amazed by the job of parenthood.

It is such a daunting task to raise little humans into adult humans.

I still remember bringing her home that first wintry day.  She barely fit in that car seat.  She was all cheeks.  She was fast asleep as we both stared at her and wondered how the heck the doctors and nurses were allowing us to bring this precious babe home.  Where was the book that came with her?  No book?

Now, 4 kids later, we are experts at parenting right?  Wrong!

WE are Still learning, still growing, still being molding by Jesus each day.

Praying we are doing the right thing each step of the way.

We are entrusting all of them to Him. We are pointing them to Him.

This morning as we put everyone in the car, backpacks, lunches, instruments.  I saw Julia staring at her phone.  My first words were…”Julia we need Jesus before we need our phone, put your phone away and read your Bible.”  And as I said it I felt like such a hypocrite…how many times do I wake up and stare at my phone before pausing to even think or talk to God.

We fail.  We fall.  He’s still there.

“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” Albert Einstein

If you are a parent out there, reading this, today just remember how blessed you are to be called Momma!  As hard as it is, it truly is a gift. 

And when I pause long enough to think about it all I feel is gratitude.

I follow God’s lead and keep following Him as we raise our 4 kids. 


And so, the adventure begins…




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails