06 October 2014

Happy Harvest

Happy Harvest

Children are a heritage from the Lord,
    offspring a reward from him.
Like arrows in the hands of a warrior    are children born in one’s youth.Blessed is the man    whose quiver is full of them.  -Psalm 127:3-5
Well, we knew we were lucky to be Julia, Mark, Micah, and Amelia's parents...but sometimes in the grind of it all we can forget that these sweet little pumpkins are a gift from God.

Sometimes I forget how badly I prayed to get pregnant with Julia.

And I forget how badly I wanted a son after I found out I was pregnant with Mark.

I forget how much I longed for a third child when we finally were surprised with Micah's pregnancy.

And I seem to forget how much I begged God for a sister for Julia, and another daughter for me because I missed ribbons, and ruffles, and shopping the pink aisle at Babies R Us.

God has given us 4 gifts, 4 blessings, and no matter how loud, and wild, and silly, they can be...we are thankful they were born.

This harvest seems extra full and extra happy this year.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails