31 December 2014

Happy Birthday, Julia Star!


Julia's Big Girl Letter

Dear Julia,

Over the past seven years we have watched you grow.  You were born two weeks early and directly on New Year's Eve.  You answered Daddy's request and became our tax deduction baby.  Even though you were born early you were 8lbs and so alert.  We knew you were going to be a smart cookie!

As a baby you never cried.  You were such a good sleeper and eager to wake up and start a new day with bright eyes and expectation.  You loved meeting new people, going to new places, and trying new things.  You have always been a delight and joy to be around.  You make people around you feel welcome.  You are kind to strangers and great with babies.  You are such an awesome helper.

I have really enjoyed homeschooling you because you like to learn, and you are so bright.  Even if something is difficult for you, I love that you do not back down or give up, but keep on trying and searching for a way to solve the problem.

You have always been very verbal and a great questioner it is no wonder you excel in Reading and Science.  I love that you know that you want to be a Teacher, a Gymnast, a Surgeon, and a Scientist.  I have no doubt that you could be one or all of these things.  

Most of all, I am proud of you.  I am proud of the way you seek to help us around the home.  I am proud of the way you share with your brothers and sister.  I am proud of the way you do your schoolwork independently.  I am proud of the way you welcome and greet new children in your sunday school class.  You always have a smile for everyone, and you never want to see someone left out.  I even like the way you stare at people.  I will never forget telling you when you were 4 to stop staring at the lady in the mall.  You turned to me and said, "But Mommy, I can't help it, she's beautiful!"  I am so proud of the way you appreciate beauty in the every day things and how you are usually so care free and happy-go-lucky.

I am looking forward to seeing you work really hard the rest of the school year at Classical Conversations, and at gymnastics.  I can't wait to go to your recital and see how much you have learned and how much you continue to grow as an athlete.  I am also excited to see all that you are learning at Prims on Wednesday nights with the other girls at church.  I love watching you read God's word and hiding it in your heart.  I hope you continue to grow in your faith and cling to Jesus.  I love hearing you pray out loud because I can hear it in your words that you believe what you say and that you know God is with you and you are never alone.  He loves you so much.



I love you baby girl.  I am so happy I get to be YOUR mom.  I like when people say, "You're Julia's mom, right?"  Yup, that's me.  I am Julia's mom, and I am proud of it!

Love,
Mommy
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails