06 January 2015

Eating Clean

New Year, New Me

It's all about eating clean, and eating right these days.  On Monday morning I threw out all the old cookies, candy, cupcakes, etc that have been in the house because of the holidays and Julia's birthday.  

Monday night when John got home I went out to buy all healthy foods with little or no preservatives added.  Foods like, fruit, veggies, eggs, and some whole wheat pita, cottage cheese, almonds, etc.  And about $65 later I headed home with about 6 bags of groceries and a new attitude.

We are keeping our portions smaller, drinking more water, and not snacking bad between meals.  The two times of the day that I struggle with bad food choices are at 2pm and after dinner.  So, instead of chips, crackers, or hot chocolate, I've been eating celery, oranges, carrots, almonds, and drinking herb tea!  I have found that eating clean means you actually eat more, but you eat more of the foods you need.  



I've also been adding a protein and veggie to my breakfasts instead of just having toast or cereal.  Adding a protein and a vegetable or fruit, keeps me fuller so much longer!  And the mornings we rush out the door I just have cottage cheese and fruit if I don't have time to whip up some eggs or a meat with breakfast.

I've noticed the kids are eating more at meal time because we aren't snacking as much, and I've also noticed them drinking more water which makes me happy!

Eating clean just takes a few extra minutes chopping veggies or pealing fruit, but honestly I feel better already and it's only been a few days!  I want to eat like this forever of course but I am going to see how the next 3 weeks go because they say it takes about 21 days to form a habit, and then I am going to weigh myself and hopefully see some fun results that will encourage me to want to do this more!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails