07 November 2016

Beef Nacho Casserole

Nacho Cheese Please

This past weekend we cooked, we cleaned, we hosted 3 million people yesterday for MC (ok so it was only 30 but it kind of felt like 3 million).   John did most of the cooking because it was an Italian themed family meal and he makes a mean lasagna.  

This week the kids are all home since there is no school due to NJEA and so I wanted to make some easy fun meals to make the week special.

I found this recipe pop up in my newsfeed from Allrecipes Daily Dish.  It looked easy enough.  It looked tasty.  And who doesn't love tortilla chips and cheese???  I will have to make a yummy green salad for the side to get some healthy nutrients going, but for this Fall day, a beefy, nacho cheese casserole sounds good to me!

Here are the ingredients you will need:

Ingredients:

1. 1lb ground beef
2. 1 1/2 cups chunky salsa
3. 3/4 cup mayonnaise
4. 2 cups tortilla chips (crushed)
5. 2 cups colby cheese (I used mild cheddar shredded)
6. 1 tsp chili powder
7. 1 can of corn (drained) 15.25 ounces

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Place ground beef in skillet over medium high heat.  Brown the meat and then drain the fat.   Remove from the heat and add the salsa, corn, mayo, and chili powder into the beef.  Then layer the ground beef mixture, tortilla chips and cheese twice, ending with cheese on top!

Bake for 20 minutes uncovered.  The cheese will be melted and the dish should be thoroughly heated.

Enjoy!

****Shout out to the world's best neighbors who gave me mayo when I had none!!!!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails