27 August 2012

S-L-O-W-I-N-G Down

"Be still and know that I am God..."

Have you ever read certain passages in the Bible and thought, "Wow, God put that verse in just for me!"  Well, I think Psalm 46: 10 was written for me, Kristi Anne McInerney.  

 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
    I will be exalted among the nations,
    I will be exalted in the earth.”
 I think this because God is currently showing me how to just rest in Him, and the great thing about my faith is I am just able to take it and trust Him, no matter what comes ahead.  

After all, it's not about me.  It's all about Him.

I am so thankful for a God that I can rest on and lean on who knows everything there is about me and knows the plan for my life.  I don't have to turn to the left or the right I can just focus on the here and now and be still and know that He is in control.

In this crazy busy world of Blackberry's, Smart Phones, I phones, Facebook, I pads, Internet, and TV, with stocks and bonds and the ups and downs of the economy and stock market. And for those of you who live in the NorthEast like me you know that just about everything we do is busy and fast and multitask.  Y'all in the south have an extra blessing of taking it a bit slower than us and relishing in people and relationships.  And let's face it, you guys are just nicer.  Life moves very quickly over here and if you don't jump in at the right time you will get hit or miss the boat.

But life does not have to be that way.  We can take time to smell the roses.  We can take time to take it easy.  We can make time to build and cultivate relationships.  And I do believe sometimes God puts circumstances in your life so you can do just that.

So, I am learning to slow things down over here.  And I am really, really starting to like it.

 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
    I will be exalted among the nations,
    I will be exalted in the earth.”--Psalm 46:10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails