02 December 2013

You Can Do It!

A Positive Word

I always get my best ideas in the shower.  Call me weird, call me crazy, but this morning I just felt God saying that I needed to start a new series on this positive word message and I would love to see it published some day!

I have been really excited about what God has for me in my writings and I truly want to be a blessing to my readers.  I know God has me home as a stay at home mom for a reason, and one of those reasons is to keep me writing and keep me encouraging others.

I would love to do this series for at least two months (Dec/Jan) and I would love to get my readers (YOU) involved because we all have stories of encouragement, words of advice, favorite bible verses, favorite quotes, things we say to our kids or spouse that cheer them up, or push them on, or encourage them to do better and not to give up or quit.

One of my favorite Bible verses is Philippians 4:13, "I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me!"

My favorite word in that verse is ALL.  I fully believe that God has a purpose for my life and for yours.  There is nothing that happens to you or I that has not passed through His hands of approval first.  Like, when I found out I was pregnant with Mark after just having Julia!  Julia was only about 9 or 10 months when we discovered we were pregnant yet again!  Mark was our Bonus baby!!!

I could have panicked.  I could have said, "Well, I did not plan this pregnancy!"  I could have got discouraged.  I could have been overwhelmed or scared at the thought of two kids under 2!  But you know what, when we first found out we were pregnant we were seriously THRILLED!  We were so blessed with Julia, who was a dream baby, she slept well, ate well, met all her milestones, and was such a joy, that we were like, "Ok, God, if you want us to have this baby so soon, we are so excited, and we know you will be our help!"

And He was!  No matter what the situation, no matter how grim, or scary, or sad, or uncertain, we can do ALL things through Christ because with Him we are not alone!  He is our strength, our help, and He loves us!  He has counted the hairs on our head, he knows everything about us, and He promises to never leave us or forsake us!

I don't know what you are going through today, but Jesus does.  And you can do it.  You can do ALL things with Him.  I promise.  And so does He.  And God always keeps His promises.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails