16 December 2013

You Can Do It!


A Positive Word

Do you ever feel weak?  Maybe you are sick, exhausted, overwhelmed, or overworked?  Maybe you feel like you can't take one more step, go one more minute, or do one more thing.  I felt like that a few days ago.  I got this cold and it literally knocked me out!  I am not one to get sick, and if I do, I do not allow myself to sit down and rest (it's not a good trait at all) I figure, I can be sick when I'm older, right now I have too many people depending on me, and I just plow through and go, go, go....

Well, God gave me the type of cold that was like, "Hi, I will not let you go, go, go...I will wipe you out, lady!"  This cold made me lay down in bed, it made me sit and sip tea, it made me drink chicken soup (after I chopped all the veggies and put them in the crock pot of course).

Do you ever get the feeling that sometimes we are set still, for a reason?  Me too.  I know God does it to me every once in awhile to humble me.  I have this feeling that I can do it all, and nothing will stop me, not even a cold, or a bad day, or a sick child.  I keep plowing through, and sometimes God just wants me to SIT. STILL.  And let me tell you...I. Do. Not. Like. It.

There is a verse that says in Psalm 46:10...

He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;    I will be exalted among the nations,    I will be exalted in the earth.”

Sometimes I don't want to be still because I am trying to be my own god.  I am trying do it all in my own strength.  And God humbles me and says tenderly, "Kristi, be still and know that I AM God."

I'm thankful for these times.  Because I know He loves me enough to slow me down, and to show me that He indeed is in charge.  And then it reminds me to give Him all the glory for all the things He has given me and allows me to do, instead of boasting or giving myself and credit.  

When I feel weak, and overwhelmed and discouraged another verse I cling to is Isaiah 40: 31...


but those who hope in the Lord    will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;    they will run and not grow weary,    they will walk and not be faint.
This verse reminds me that God is my hope!  God is my strength!  And God will renew my strength.  I just need to keep clinging to Him, and relying on Him.

Today, my hope for you is that you get a chance to BE STILL and know that HE is God, and that you also put your HOPE in Him, so He can renew your STRENGTH and get you through whatever you need to get through!


Just like a Daddy loves putting his child on his shoulders, God loves being our hero, and giving us rest, hope, and strength, when we trust Him.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails