10 January 2011
5 Random Things About Me
I got this fun idea from my buddy Mikalah...visit her blog, she is truly wonderful!!!
1. I try to never ever repeat the same outfit twice...back in middle school and high school I actually took the time to plan my outfits ahead on paper and enjoyed mixing and matching my clothes...hence my love for fashion began.
2. I married my high school sweetheart. We met in Junior High right after our two high schools merged Madison Central and Cedar Ridge (big rivals) became Old Bridge High School. Since we had a class of about 600 students I didn't even notice my lovely husband to be (but apparently he noticed me every morning in home room when I would read the announcements out loud with a smile and enthusiasm). We began dating on Feb 28th and the 28th of every month he put a red rose in my locker!
3. I love to read. Reading has always been a fun escape for me to be a part of someone else's world and live "their life" for a few hours. I enjoy reading Nicholas Sparks novels and Karen Kingsbury, and my new favorite author of a Christian Amish series is Shelley Shepard Gray. During nap time I have a choice between my three favorite things (prep dinner for my family, read a novel, or do an exercise video) and if I'm lucky I sometimes sneak all three of them in during the two hours I have while the kids are fast asleep.
4. I enjoy museum hopping! John and I used to visit a new museum every weekend when we had a freer lifestyle (with kids you can sometimes be a bit limited, but I can't wait to share this joy with my guys as they get older) We've been to museums all over the world and especially the ones close by like in Philadelphia and NYC. I love being able to stroll into each gallery and learn about the history of the sculptures the paintings and the past cultures. I love seeing how people used to live and survive on so little. I love seeing the artwork and the colors and the prints of the clothing. I love holding John's hand and just being silly with him, and taking photos of our favorite pieces.
5. My top two favorite drinks are coffee and lemonade, but lately I've been drinking a lot of herbal tea and water. I think it has been due to all the working out I've been doing! I'm excited to be back in shape and in the part of my life where exercise is just part of my day and not a chore. I look forward to doing a different amount of miles or type of aerobic video. I adore Denise Austin and Leslie Sansone. I have almost all of their videos and DVDs...my kids know them by name because we see them almost every day!