27 April 2013

Laughter IS the best medicine...

Proverbs 17:22
A cheerful heart is good medicine,    but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.

Thank goodness for laughter!  As a busy mom of three I am learning how to laugh again even when things like this happen...

*While giving Micah his first bath, Mark accidentally pees on me...

*Realizing that Julia decided to wear a green shirt, orange stretch pants, and a pink tutu to Chinese School (we do let the kids dress themselves, but this was too extreme!)

*Hearing Mark ask for his Spider Man winter boots for the 90th time, when it is 70 degrees out and sunny...

*Changing Micah's diaper and watching him pee all over his own face and mine!

*Listening to Julia ask me as I'm nursing the baby, "Mom is that almond milk in there?"...

If it weren't for all my friends out there (thank goodness for adult friends after being with the kids all day) those who are older and wiser, younger and energetic friends, and been there done that friends, I don't think I would have made it the past 5 weeks...

Learning to be cheerful, and laugh, and not sweat the small stuff, to be able to just keep on keeping on even when I am exhausted...after all this is just what moms around the world do every single day.

And the ones who laugh, and smile through it all, and not only "survive" (although some days you just have to survive) whatever phase of life they may be going through at the time, they begin to appreciate each day, each moment, just as it comes...

So have a good laugh my friend!  And know you are not alone!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails