03 April 2013

My Marvelous Mom

There is something about having a baby that makes you realize how marvelous your own mother is and has been in your own life.

Since Micah has been born, and even prior to the birth, mom has come over and taken the big kids out for walks, out for errands, and picnics in the park.

Today, like many other days, she just texted that she would be in the area and would love to take the big kids off my hands.  Even though we hadn't gotten to our home school time, it was after Bible Study Fellowship and I said to myself, "Self, you could use a break, and your house could use some cleaning."  So I quickly said yes and mom picked up the kids at noon with lunches in hand they ran off to do some food shopping with her.  Anything with Grandma Donna is fun.  Even a trip to the Farmer's Market is an adventure.

And believe you me the past hour and a half, with my sleeping newborn, I have been able to do laundry, the garbage, the dishes, folded clothes, dusted, ate, and even gone to the bathroom!!! As a mother of 3 you rarely get to go to the bathroom when you need to go, I'm discovering.  And since I'm breastfeeding I am ALWAYS hungry!

So, a big thank you to my marvelous mom!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. That's great enjoy every time she offers to help. I myself wished I had help like that. I had no help from my family I did it and still doing things myself

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post. It was very sweet. I found you on Mingle with us blog hop. I would love for you to check out my blog http://bit.ly/17nkR3P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new baby. New follower here from Mingle With Us Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails