18 April 2013

Getting Help

I really can't remember what life was like before Micah...he always seems to have been part of our life somehow.

But I do remember that I used to be able to do it all and not be this tired.  I didn't need two cups of coffee, or constantly feel like I'm forgetting something or someone.  I'm constantly counting my little ducklings.

I never ever ever thought I would need this much help, and to be honest, I do not like it very much.

This week I started Paleo diet and was counting on making all of my meals this week.  But I have gotten 3 meals this week from friends, my friend Peggie Lambertson and her girls brought me a meal, my friend Wendy from MOPS brought me a meal, and my mom's best friend Marni from church brought me a surprise me tonight!  I was not expecting these meals, but knowing that John will be away for 4 days next week I gladly took them because I will need them!

I forgot how much time is spent nursing, pumping breast milk, and just holding/burping a newborn.  I never seem to have enough time or hands to get all I need done.

The past 3 months we have had someone clean our house once a month just to help me while I was super pregnant and couldn't lug a vacuum up and down stairs or scrub a tub with bleach.  And this week I decided to hire someone twice a month just to help me during this newborn phase.  I never thought I would need help cleaning the house, but I really do.  I just can't keep up and honestly the free time I do have I want to snuggle my baby without feeling guilty, or take a nap, or tickle my kids.  I don't like feeling like I have to go go go to keep up.

I've noticed that there are not enough hours in the day to fold clothes, take out all the garbage, organize baby clothes, go through the mail, food shop, check my email, plan for school time...oh the list is absolutely endless.

And so, I've reached out and asked for help.  And I don't feel bad.  I'm excited actually.  Our cleaning woman will come when we are at bible study and Mondays Sara helps me at night with dinner and the kids bath time.  My mom and mother in law, and sister in law, and my friend Christy are available during the day, and I know I can reach out and ask even my neighbors.

God is so good to provide help when we need it.  I think sometimes we just have to be willing to say yes and receive it graciously.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails