21 August 2014

Four Days til Our New Home!

Joyce Street

Goodbye, Joyce Street!

I can't believe in a few days we are moving! I am beyond excited. We've lived here in this home for 8 wonderful years.  We brought home our puppy, and our three kiddos here.  We celebrated Christmases, birthdays, anniversaries and so many other special events.  And honestly I never knew we'd move, and not so quickly either.

The house is packed except for a few kitchen, bathroom, and laundry supplies, and plenty of fun toys for the kids in the basement that will be easy to grab up and place in the car.  We are moving about 25 minutes away from here, just a few towns over.

I think I will miss the hot tub, the finished basement where we had plenty of New Year's Eve parties, family nights, girl nights and birthday parties.  I will not miss the mosquitoes in the backyard though (I'm hoping since we will be farther away from the ocean we will have less bug bites).  

I'm excited for the extra bedrooms and space.  Our new kitchen is really appealing and when John and I picture having 4 teens at one point, and since everyone congregates in the kitchen I'm glad to have one that will be so much more roomy and spacious.

The new house has a much bigger front and backyard, we will own a half acre.  And I am so thankful that all my kids will have their own space upstairs, although Mark and Micah will be bunk bed buddies and share a bedroom.  Julia and Amelia will have their own rooms since Julia is the oldest, and since Amelia will be a newborn and I'm a firm believer that newborns need their OWN room to start good sleeping habits.  Plus I can't wait to have a rocking chair in a room again.

Something I'm excited about is the new house has a fifth bedroom that will be our guest room/school room.  We are going to place our pull out couch in their for guests, but the kids desks, bulletin boards and school essentials will finally all have a home!  You wouldn't believe how much space home school supplies require.

I am so thankful for our MC (missional community) group at church that has volunteered to help us pack the trucks on Sunday after church, since our Walk Thru is on Monday.  

The only concern John and I have is...

Well, the only request we have is....

Amelia, can you please not make your debut during the move?  Pretty please with a cherry on top?

Keep us in prayer!  Lots of changes (all good) are in store for us.  God has been so gracious, His timing has been so perfect, and He has provided a great group of family & friends to support us and care for us and help us!

I will not be posting anything for awhile.  

Life is in session.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails