13 October 2016

Blessing My Daughters


Girl Time

I love spending individual time with my kids and I also love hosting parties.  So, I asked my Mom if she would take the boys for a few hours on Friday evening and planned a fun little girl party for Julia and Amelia.

One thing John and I always said was that we wanted to be the "Fun House".  We wanted our kids to feel like their friends were welcome in our home and that they could have people over and enjoy themselves while we were with them.  We want our home to be a safe place for kids to hang out and just be kids.

So I planned one Friday night for the girls and next Friday it will be the boys turn!  I didn't want to break the bank, so instead of buying pizzas I am going to make homemade pizza pies and I am going to have a few snacks out and also ask parents to bring a snack to share.

You know the Type A in me already planned the evening, and what was really awesome was that Julia totally gave me some great ideas!  We decided on having a pajama party where the girls bring their favorite stuffed animal.  Julia even made homemade Photo Booth props!  Here is how we envisioned the night will go:

5:00-5:30 pm craft and stencil time/play time
5:30-6:00 pm pizza and salad
6:00-6:30 pm painting toe nails
6:30-7:00 pm freeze dance/games/play time
7:00-8:00 pm AGD (American Girl Doll) movie and popcorn time
8:00 pm Pick up time! Hand out goodie bags!

Tomorrow, I will be kneading the dough for the pizza, baking brownies and cookies, setting up the craft table and getting things neat and ready for our Girl Pajama Party.  Trust me when I tell you, I am just as excited as the girls are for the party.  I told the moms they can drop off or stay, so I plan on hosting some sweet mom friends and enjoying my girls company!



One thing I wanted to remind the girls while they are over (perhaps right before we eat or while we are doing our nails) is from Psalm 139 that they are "fearfully and wonderfully made" and that God has an amazing plan for their life, (Jeremiah 8:29).  So often our girls hear negative things from the world about how they look and I just always want to be that reminder to my girls and their friends that they are beautiful and special and God has a purpose for their life.  I plan on having a ball tomorrow night!  And I can't wait to bless my daughters socks off!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails