01 October 2016

White Bean Stew


It's officially Fall!

Soup and stew season is here...Yay!
Here is another recipe to add to your recipe box:

Ingredients:

1 can 14 1/2 ounce chicken broth
2 cups of shredded carrots
2 cans of cannellini beans
3 cups of cubed poultry (turkey or chicken)
3/4 tsp dried italian seasoning
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp chopped parsley
Crusty bread on the side :)

Directions:

1. Bring broth to simmer, add carrots and 1 can beans, mash 2nd can of beans and add.
2. Stir in meat and season.
3. Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
4. Stir in Parmesan and parsley.
5. Serve with crusty bread.

Kristi's Way:

I like soup/stews to simmer all day so I can chop and prepare and leave all day without worrying about it so I chop all of my ingredients (I also add an extra cup of broth) and put in my crock pot on high for 4-6 hours!  The smell of soup in the house is my favorite!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails