07 October 2009

Mark is growing...our team is growing!


Mark is getting so big! Today was his 4 month well visit and he did so well. He is now 15.10lbs and 24 1/2 inches tall! It is such a blessing to know your baby is growing properly and is healthy. Dr. Shih was saying it is now time to start introducing foods from stage 1 baby foods (apples, bananas, veggies) plus cereal. I have already tried oatmeal and rice cereal...but mark hasn't gotten the hang of eating the way my Julia did. Although I didn't start her on foods til she was 5 1/2 months because she was such a good sleeper.
Some new things Mark has been doing lately is rolling from his tummy to his back, cooing non-stop, and he is very alert and observant. I love how he grabs for things now and it is like he enjoys playing in his exersaucer. It is a joy to watch him grow and explore the world around him.

He loves watching Julia. Dr. Shih said that right around 6 months he will visibly start getting mad that he can't do what she is doing. He also said that the 2nd child reaches their milestones faster to keep up with their sibling. Dr. Shih said that Mark is going to be very smart (come on, he's a McInerney...we knew that LOL) because he stares and watches very intently.

Now, if we could just get him to sleep 7-9 hours again....all in good time! God is teaching me to breathe, relax, and take each moment as it comes instead of rushing through my plans and routines. As a teacher, having control and a schedule is very important to me, so I am learning to loosen up a bit and Mark is definitely stretching me. It is the joys of motherhood. I am learning so much about myself, and I can see how God is refining me and molding me to be the mother, wife, daughter, sister, friend, and servant He wants me to be.

Team Mac is growing in more ways than one! Keep up the good work Mark. I love your smile and listening to you talk, and I do love holding you in the middle of the night when you need an extra cuddle before drifting off to sleepy land. I love you baby boy.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy that Mark is growing so well. I remember the days when Addie was in the exersaucer. You are such a good mommy!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails