10 October 2009

A few talents and skills


Praying for Purpose by Katie Brazelton

Exodus 31: 1, 3 Then the Lord said..."And I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge and all kinds of crafts."

Right now I am doing an awesome devotional that I love! Today's scripture led us to read about the talents. (Matthew 25:14-30) We then had to list our own gifts and talents:

I am humbly going to share what I think my gifts and talents are:

1. Teaching
2. Organizing (from drawers, clothes, shoes, to teams, ideas, and events)
3. leadership
4. encouragement
5. writing (correspondence and free writitng, although I tend to write how I would speak to a friend instead of formal writing)
6.cleaning
7. cooking & baking (hosting too)
8. dare I say, shopping!!! (I get really good deals!)

We then had to ponder and see if we are currently using our gifts and talents for the Lord. I really hope I am. As a mom and wife I have to use many of these things and I do try to transfer some of them by teaching K-5 Sunday School at church and do nursery, I try to stay in touch with friends I may not see every day, but let them know I care about them and are praying for them. But I do wonder if there are other things God wants me to do.

Lord I am open to be used for your glory. Please show me how I can use my gifts and talents for you. Help me to enjoy being a stay at home mom and really put a lot of my time and efforts into cultivating a safe and happy home. I want to have the kind of home that I longed to have as a kid where all the neighborhood kids want to come over and play and feel welcomed.

1 comment:

  1. I think it is very important to list the talents that God has given us to see if we are using them. How funny that our lists look very similar!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails