05 October 2009

Tired but on the right track...


This morning I wake up proud as I was finally able to use the Ezzo method with Mark. It has taken me a lot longer with Mark. For me to hear him cry and worry about waking up Julia has been a lot tougher than I thought it would. Last night I put him to bed by 9:30 and by 11pm he was already stirring, instead of nursing him like I had been doing to get him back to sleep I tried the pacifier, and it worked...for the past 3 weeks he has rejected the pacifier and it has been a lot of sleepless nights for me. I was at my wits end. But last night I just stayed firm and every time he awoke and I heard him stirring in his bed (surprised he wasn't crying...and surprised I could hear him moving around when he is two doors down the hall) I went to his room and just rubbed his back and put the pacifier aka binky back in. Each time he went back to sleep. This happened about 5-6 times but at least I didn't resort to feeding him because he was getting in a bad habit of nursing all through the night and my body couldn't take it. Thank you Lord for giving me the will and strength. Being a mom to two babies has been so hard. I am trying to hold it all together and do the best that I can. Please, please help me not to fail at motherhood. I've always wanted to be a mom. Some mornings I wake up and I'm just so tired I don't think I can start the whole day all over again. But thankfully, once I look at my children I get a new source of energy and love and I am so happy to be a mom! How can you not be when your children are so cute and lovable? I am praying that we are on the right track with Mark as he gets into a new habit of sleeping through the night again...teething has been rough on him, poor guy.

2 comments:

  1. I know right where you are. For the past week, Addie has been waking up in the middle of the night crying and wanting to be held. Even though it keeps the rest of the house up (poor Faye sleeps in the room with a connecting wall to Addie's room) we have let her cry it out. However, last night I took her to the living room since we have been off of her daily routine for two days this weekend. I'll be praying for you. Please keep me in prayer alo.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails