29 February 2012

March Menu

I'm excited for this months menu because it is super healthy, no red meat, lots of veggies, chicken, fish and salads and not so many pasta dishes...we are slimming down for the spring/summer months and prepping for the big wedding day which is less than 70 days away!

March Menu:

Week 1 (March 1-3)
Thursday: Pita and black bean salad night (simple dinner since we have awana)

Friday: Lemony baked Salmon with asparagus
Saturday: (we are having 3 guests!) Chicken Cacciatore Stoup (Rachel Ray Recipe) and salad

week 2 (March 4-10)
Sunday: out for dinner
Monday: Bow-tie pasta with cherry tomatoes and green beans and chicken breast
Tuesday: Chicken pot pie
Wednesday: Left over night
Thursday: Turkey burgers and baked potatoes with broccoli
Friday: Tomato and Cucumber & Feta Balsamic salad with whole wheat pita
Saturday: out for dinner

week 3 (March 11-17)
Sunday: Eating out in Princeton
Monday: Chicken soup in crock pot and salad
Tuesday: Taco night with turkey ground meat, black beans, and corn
Wednesday: Leftover night
Thursday: Shrimp and Spinach Pasta (20 minute meal from Real Simple April 2011)
Friday: Tuna Melts and salad
Saturday: (7 dinner guests) Chicken Cacciatore in crock pot, Salad, Spaghetti noodles

week 4 (March 18-24)
Sunday: open
Monday: Thai curry vegetable and tofu soup (30 min meal Real Simple April 2011)
Tuesday:  Asian tuna salad
Wednesday: Chicken pita with tzatziki (25 min meal Real Simple April 2011)
Thursday: Leftover night
Friday: baked salmon with broccoli and cauliflower
Saturday: open (John likes to cook on the weekends so I keep it open just in case)

week 5 (March 25-31)
Sunday: Baptism dinner out
Monday: Mexican Meatball soup (turkey ground meat)
Tuesday: Balsamic chicken breasts and apple, craisin and walnut salad
Wednesday: chicken pitas with black beans
Thursday: Leftover night
Friday: Chicken Chili with brown rice
Satruday: open (for John)
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. What a great plan! I totally envision myself doing this someday. However, for now, I change my mind constantly about what I'm hungry for, so I just keep a list of meals that I have the ingredients to make or I need to make for the blog, etc.
    :) Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin I have to agree with you. Some times it is just easier to have "no plan" and do it week by week or day by day. But I have found that having some sort of plan allows me to food shop on Mondays easier and also I try to give myself some freedom on the weekends since we may go out, eat at Grandmas or John might cook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! The Tomato and Cucumber & Feta Balsamic salad with whole wheat pita sounds great. I think I will "borrow" it from you ;D Good luck with slimming down :D

    ReplyDelete

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails