15 February 2012

Planning our Summer Calendar

I have found that if I don't plan ahead other people's agendas and plans take over the summer months.  

It's really important to me to prioritize what I want my kids to see and do before the summer months are even here.

I have some really cool trips planned for May-July.

May is Mark's birthday so we always take a day to go to the Turtle Back Zoo.

June is my birthday month so we are going to be visiting the Kateri Environmental Center and go on a Nature Hike and look for animal habitats with my MOPS group and some home school families.

I also want to take my kids to the beach at least twice a month since they LOVE the beach...7 Presidents is my favorite because of the huge new playground area and beautiful covered eating area they have along with outdoor showers to get the sand off before getting in mommy's car!

I've never taken the kids to the aquarium so this year we are planning a trip to the Jenkinson's Aquarium in June and July.

We visit Holmdel Park/Longstreet Farm at least once a week...we get to milk the cows at 3pm, and see the horses, pigs, sheep, chickens, and peacocks, not to mention all the fruits and veggies they grow.

Another favorite place of ours that we are visiting in June (probably 2-3 times) is Dorbrook Sprayground.  My kids love the water park and we always have a nice picnic under the huge shady trees.

And in July, we will also be visiting Allaire State Park to ride the train at noon (A REAL train) and play at the playground and have a park picnic with Mops friends.

I don't know about you but we are really looking forward to playing outside again (and the kids are getting scooters this summer!!! but shhh it's a surprise at Mark's birthday party).


I bet you noticed that August is not planned.  Well, that's because August 1st we will kick into high gear for SCHOOL!  August is all about starting a new curriculum and getting ready for the next level/grade.  We will be buying new shoes, sprucing up our school room, buying school supplies, and taking out lots of new library books!  We will be sharpening our pencils and ready to learn all the new things that God has for us!  Oh, I just love August.  August is also our anniversary month, and we always take the kids away to Cape May to celebrate...we will be celebrating 9 years of wedded bliss!

Planning ahead always takes the pressure off when the summer months are here and everyone is wondering what shall we do!?  Mommy always has a plan!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way :) Looks like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I found you! Please follow back ;) http://mybeautyboxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails