06 July 2012

A Glorious Adventure

Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

"You will never be in control of your life circumstances, but you can relax and trust in My control.  Instead of striving for a predictable, safe lifestyle, seek to know Me in greater depth and breadth."


Life sure is an adventure!  In my home there is never a dull moment. Between caring for two kids, managing a home, driving here and there to meet everyone's needs, boo-boos, doctor's appointments, dental appointments, visiting family, life sure is busy and there sure is tyranny of the urgent.  If you don't somehow plan your day, the day will still happen, and there will always be things you MUST do.

 John and I have been doing this devotion together by Sarah Young.  He reads his on the bus on the way to work on his IPAD and I read my book version.  Then we email/text eachother our thoughts on what God is teaching us through the passage.  John always emails me and then sends me his prayer for our family.  It is such a blessing to have a teammate in life.  I'm so thankful for John and his walk with the Lord.

 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[a] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.--Romans 8:38-39
 I am so thankful that God stays the same and that His love never changes.  We can rely on Him completely and fully.  I am a human and I am sinful and fickle.  My feelings change constantly.  During certain times of the month my emotions take over...but God is steady, He is our Rock.

When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.
    In God, whose word I praise—
in God I trust and am not afraid.
    What can mere mortals do to me?--Psalm 56: 3-4
Mere mortals...scare me.  I worry what people will say and think.  I need to put my trust in God, my complete trust.  And I need to not be afraid of man or what the future holds.  Because I think God likes keeping us on our toes!  I think we serve an adventurous God!  I think we will never be able to predict what He will do next or what He has in store for us.  (And for Type A--planning, people...this is scary!)  But I am learning to fasten on my belt of truth (and seat belt) and enjoy the ride!

See, I am doing a new thing!
    Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
    and streams in the wasteland.--Isaiah 43:19

I love that God is always making things new and doing a New Thing!  He is so cool like that.  My favorite line in the book of Revalations and in the movie the Passion of the Christ is when Christ is carrying his cross and everyone is crying and afraid and with confidence he says, "Behold, I make all things new..."  I LOVE that.  He is so strong and fearless because he Fully trusted God the Father.  Christ knew the Father's plan  was the best plan.

"I long to make your life a glorious adventure, but you must stop clinging to old ways.  I am always doing something new within my beloved ones.  Be on the lookout for all that I have prepared for you!"--Sarah Young, Jesus Calling

Lord help me to live like that.  I want to have that kind of fearless faith in you.--Kristi





3 comments:

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails