09 July 2012

SPOILED


One of life's great blessings is to be able to spoil one's parents above what they could ask or think.  Back in 2005 John surprised me and my parents with a trip to Rome, Italy during Christmas Break...I think that was one of those moments you never forget!  We all sat in the living room with mouths opened wide.  And for two artists by trade my parents loved visiting Europe for the first time and seeing so much beautiful art.

This past week my Daddy turned 60...so me and my sister Sara got to thinking...

How could we bless Dad this year?

 Hmmm...

Well Dad kept mentioning how much he missed Manhattan...

Dad loves jazz music...

And who doesn't love dinner when someone else cooks for you???

Voila!

We decided to take our parents to a NYC restaurant called the Blue Water Grill in Union Square.  The food is delicious...John has taken me there a couple of times on dates, the atmosphere is lovely, great music...my parents would love it.

So today we are going to the city on a triple date...Sara and her boyfriend, my parents, and me and my John.  I can't wait!  I plan on taking lots of pictures too.

1 comment:

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails