25 May 2011

Problem to Problem to Problem

This excerpt comes from Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.  It is the May 25 devotion for the day, and it is so pertinent to our daily lives because as busy women, busy moms, women with careers, wives, etc, we get so busy and when problems come we instantly get anxious.

"The world is too much with you, My child.  Your mind leaps from problem to problem to problem, tangling your thoughts in anxious knots.  When you think like that, you leave Me out of your world-view and your mind becomes darkened."

When we need to think God's thoughts and remember truth, we need to turn off our simple way of thinking and calm our fears by the truth of His word and His promises.  My all time favorite verse that always comforts me is:

Isaiah 41: 10

Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you, 
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.

Isn't it comforting to know that God, our creator, our friend, holds us up with His righteous right hand!  He is with us, encouraging us, we are not alone.  So many times I feel alone.  I can feel overwhelmed, or tired, or discouraged and I have no one else to talk to about it.  I'm the only adult in my house most hours of the day and it gets LONELY, but I am not alone.  God is my strength!  Sometimes I forget that and I get so anxious my stomach gets tied in knots, I can't eat, I get frustrated or irritable, my thinking gets negative and fatalistic and my whole view is askew.  Here is another great verse to remember that we are NOT alone.

Zephaniah 3: 17

The Lord Your God in your midst,
The Mighty One, will save;
He will rejoice over you with gladness,
He will quiet you with His love
He will rejoice over you with singing.

Our God is Mighty, He takes the time to rejoice with us, He can calm and quiet us with His love.  We don't need to be stressed out and anxious.  We are too blessed to be stressed!  He rejoices over us (can you believe that???) with singing.  Wow!  That's how much my God loves me, he sings over me the way I sing over my children with utter love and affection and with His perfect love.

Psalm 34: 19

Many are the afflictions of the righteous, But the Lord delivers him out of them all.

We are going to face problems!  Many are the afflictions of the righteous!  When we are following God and surrendering our lives to Him it is NOT always rosy and happy and wonderful!  But the Lord is our deliverer.  He sustains us in the midst of our problems.  So today I hope you are encouraged that you are not to fear, that you are not alone, that God loves you and rejoices over you, that God will deliver you, and know that He is always in your midst!  Just knowing that He upholds us with His victorious right hand alone makes me smile!

What problems are you facing right now that are keeping you from seeking God's help?  What is distracting you from His Presence?  Tune it out, shut it off, and take time to be with the Mighty One who saves and delivers.

3 comments:

  1. oh kristi, it is so good to 'meet' you... thank you for this beautiful reminder, that he will quiet me with his love. i've been battling anxiety lately. you are such a gift. bless you, e.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Emily! I was blessed by your blog as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't read your post without singing the song Mary Martin taught us! Great reminder Kristi and I'm enjoying the introduction to Sarah Young! ~ Christy

    ReplyDelete

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails