05 May 2011

Thankful Thursday 3--National Day of Prayer

Psalm 107: 1
Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.
It goes without saying that I am SO thankful for my children, yes they are cute, but they have changed me completely.  They have taught me to FULLY rely on God for strength, wisdom and patience (a lot of patience).

My children have taught me to loosen up and laugh at myself (and my many mistakes).  They've taught me that it's okay to fall down just as long as you are brave enough to get back up and try again.




I'm thankful for the lesson that my kids have taught me about trying new things...new adventures, new foods, new places, new books, new parks, whatever it may be, it's great to see what God has in store for all of us and it's neat to explore His beautiful creation and the many cultures He has created!


I'm thankful that Julia has taught me that it's okay to wear the same thing twice, in fact it's really fun to wear the same skirt, over and over and over again!

John, my hard working, amazing husband,  has taught me that hard work does pay off.  His tireless efforts and determination continue to bless our family.  He has taught me what it means to sacrifice for your family and go above and beyond to provide for those you love.


I am thankful for my father in law and the way that he comes over at the drop of the hat to help me in any way he can, whether it be to fix the dishwasher, repair a fence or take our dog Paris for a week so that I have one less thing to do.
And Grandpa Jack always makes us laugh and has a fun story to tell about when Daddy John was young!


 I'm thankful for a mother in law who is so compassionate and patient towards my children.  When Grandma Judy comes over you will be able to find her outside blowing bubbles, helping the kids ride bikes, playing upstairs with Mark's train set, or playing house with Julia's dolls.  Grandma Judy is sooo fun!  And she let's the kids play dress up too!





I'm thankful for THIS FACE!  Julia is such a joy to be around and Princeton University better watch out because this smarty pants gets smarter by the day!  Today in the car she was talking to me about the weather, and she told me that she knew why it was colder out today, because the sun wasn't out and it was rainy and cloudy, but that when the sun came back out it would be much warmer! Yea, and she's 3!!!


I'm so thankful for mommy friends and park play dates.  It is so fun to meet up with friends at the park!  Julia and her friends played for about 2 1/2 hours at Geick Park this past week, and Julia had a blast playing Hide and Go Seek, Mark had fun riding Julia's bike and hanging out with other boys, and I had fun talking with other moms!  And look at all the babies I get to ooh and ahh over!





I'm thankful that God keeps my children SAFE!  Mark and Julia have NO FEAR!  When we go to parks and new places they love to climb and explore and I'm learning (within reason of course) to sometimes sit back and relax (okay there's no sitting, or relaxing but there also isn't interfering) as they try new things as scary as they seem to me, they really are capable of so much more than I think sometimes!  Mark is now climbing and going on things that his 3 1/2 year old sister does, and he's not even 2 yet!!!

I'm thankful for my home.  And I'm thankful for food on the table, cars in the driveway, and clothes in our bureaus.  God, you are so good!

Psalm 107: 1
Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.






On this National Day of Prayer...here are some of my requests...

*President Obama makes wise choices for our country.
*God will keep our troops safe.
*God will protect our country from terroristic acts of violence.
*God will help our church leaders to make wise choices.
*God will fill our hearts with the desire to want more of him and less stuff.
*God will show my family how we can bless others in tangible ways.
*God will help me in raising godly children who have hearts that LOVE Him wholeheartedly.
*God will provide godly spouses for both my children, even now (start preparing them).
*God will direct John's steps at work an open doors of salvation in the hearts of those he works with.  Allow him to be salt and light.
*God will bless my ministry with Ladies Bible Study next year and over the summer as I prepare our next study.
*God will help my children choose godly friends and be drawn towards children who make wise choices.
*God will give John and I wisdom as parents in home schooling, and our children's future, and in disciplining.

1 comment:

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails