14 May 2011

Chicken Cacciatore in Crock Pot

Tomorrow we are having company over!  Uncle Tio (Everaldo) and Aunt Debi are coming over for dinner!  I'm making a chicken cacciatore meal in the crock pot since I will be away most of the day at a bridal shower (for my friends Laura & Reuben) and I want my meal to be delicious and ready to go by the time I return home.  John will be super busy entertaining and playing with the kids to worry about it, and this is a meal I've been saving for my Debi since her birthday!!!


Chicken Cacciatore in the Crock Pot

Ingredients:

1 medium onion, thinly sliced
3lb chicken cut up (I use 6-8 boneless chicken thighs)
2 cans of tomato paste (6oz)
1 can 4oz mushrooms, drained
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp celery seed (don't have, don't need)
1/2 cup dry white wine (red cooking wine works well too, or you can skip)

Directions:

1. Place onion at the bottom of crock pot with chicken pieces on top.
2. In a bowl stir tomato paste, mushrooms, salt, pepper, herbs and wine.
3. Pour tomato mixture over the chicken.
4. Cover; cook on Low for 8 hours or on High for 4 hours.  Serve chicken pieces over spaghetti or pasta of your choice!

This smells so good cooking I always cook it on low for 8 hours!  I'll be leaving for the bridal shower at 11 and my dinner guests arrive at 5:30!  I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Yum this sounds so good! I'm always on the lookout for good crock-pot meals so I will have to give this one a try!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails