09 May 2011

Meal Planning for the week

I had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend.  I hope you did too!

Okay, so I just checked my pantry, freezer, and fridge.  This is what I came up with (a trip to the grocery store with coupons in hand will be tonight when Daddy gets home to watch kids).  It's a little sparser than normal because we had such a busy weekend and I didn't have time for any shopping trips to the grocery store (actually it was rather nice).  I'm only going to list the items that pertain to dinner so I don't bore you!

Pantry: cans of corn, green beans, broth, tomato paste, beans, tomato sauce, Ziti, macaroni pasta, Penne, and rigatoni pasta, rice, etc.

Freezer: frozen peas, frozen mixed veggies, frozen spinach, frozen lobster ravioli, frozen herb, frozen Italian bread

Fridge: chicken breasts, red peppers, garlic, carrots, lettuce, celery, red onion, yellow onion, fresh parsley


So, it looks like today I will make a big pot of red sauce (super easy and fun...I just saute the garlic and onion with evoo for a few minutes empty two big cans 28 oz of crushed tomatoes, a tbsp or two of tomato paste, salt and pepper, plenty of fresh herbs, like parsley and basil, and voila you have homemade sauce!  The sauce will be good for at least two or three meals.

Monday: Pasta and Sauce w/ Italian bread and corn (my kids fav veggie)

Tuesday: Lobster Ravioli w/ green beans

Wednesday: Grilled Chicken Breasts w/green beans and salad

Thursday: Chicken Soup and Salad

Friday: Baked Ziti w/ peas on the side



Grocery List: Turkey Ground Meat and Ricotta for my Ziti meal, tomatoes for my salad, eggs

Happy Monday!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails