11 April 2014

Every Mom Has A Story: My Sister Laurie

My Beautiful Sister

One awesome thing about marrying John is that I got another wonderful sister!  Laurie is such a sweetheart.  She is one of the most honest, supportive, loving, take the shirt off her back type of person there is!

We are all on pins and needles waiting for baby Ava and baby Niklas to arrive!  TWINS!  A boy and a girl...does it get any better?!  I am so proud of my sister for taking such great care of herself, for eating right, drinking water, even though she hates it, and already being the best mom she can be!

Here is her amazing Mom to be story!

1. When did you and Kelsey meet and how long before he proposed?

Kelsey and I met in November 2010. He proposed in October 2011.

2. Did you guys want to start your family right away? Did you ever imagine you'd have TWINs?!

As soon as we got married we wanted to start a family right away. It took us a while but now we are almost 9 months pregnant and feel so Blessed! We used to joke about having twins or triplets. Then God decided we are having TWINS!  We never really thought that was going to happen! LOL

3. What are you nervous/excited about when the babies get here?

I think I'm nervous about the normal stuff like changing the babies, putting clothes over their head when they're so delicate and just basically keeping up with two babies at one time LOL. I'm just praying I do everything that is best for the babies.
Kelsey and I are just excited about everything! We can't wait to meet them and see what they look like and have our beautiful family together and make wonderful memories!

4. How hard was it to come up with a boy/girl name?

Oh my gosh it was so hard! Kelsey and I had totally different ideas about baby names. He wanted Swedish/Scandinavian names and I wanted more American names. We each made a list and then crossed off what we didn't like. We thankfully both had Ava on our list so that one was easier. Our boys name took forever & we finally agreed on Niklas 😃


5. So the babies will be here before or on May 1st....are you ready????? What do you still have left to do?

Yes! I think we are ready! We finally put the car seat bases into the car the other day. The last thing we need to do is just to have them checked to make sure they are in correctly!

Laurie we are so excited and happy for you!  Julia and Mark and Micah can't wait to meet their new cousins and help out. Especially Julia, she is a mommy in the making.  Remember my only advice: Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!
You got this!  You both are going to be awesome parents!  And I for one, can not wait to spoil my niece and nephew!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails