14 April 2014

Every Mom Has A Story: Valerie Woods

Sweet Valerie

I met Valerie at church many years ago before either of us were married or had kids.  Then we crossed paths again at MOPS where we were both just moms attending.  Three years ago Valerie took on the role of leading mops for two years and she did an amazing job!  This is when we worked together on the same steering team and got much closer as friends.

Our boys Mark and Charlie are only months apart, and Mark LOVES Charlie to pieces.  He always wants to be with his buddy Charlie.  They are in the same Awana class and next year they will both most likely be in the same Classical Conversation homeschool coop.

Valerie is a naturally sweet person.  The sweetest I know.  She is super organized and loves artsy crafty stuff because she was an Art major and Art teacher.  She is gifted and talented in so many ways.  I had to spot light her here.  I think she is a great mom!

Here is her awesome mommy story!


When did you and Scott meet?  When did you get married?


1. Scott and I met in the Summer of 2006 through Doctor Steve, a mutual friend of our families. The story goes something like this...Doctor Steve asked my mom to call me into the office one summer afternoon as Scott was the next patient he was going to see that specific day. It was definitely a set-up and more so for Scott as he had no inkling of what was going to happen. When I arrived at the office, Scott was sitting there as was I and Doctor Steve came right out from the hallway and very nonchalantly asked Scott if he knew me and then let us take it from there. Well...to make a long story short, that was history and we got married in November of 2007. I am blessed by my wonderful, loving husband who genuinely loves The Lord and continues to nurture our family as he faithfully serves us!

Did you always know you wanted to be a Mother?

2. Yes!!! I always knew that I wanted to be a mother. My dream was always to be a stay-at-home mom and wife! Without a doubt! I am so grateful that The Lord knows the desires of my heart and provided for me in this area!

Charlie is 4 1/2 and Maeve is 2...have you found them to be totally different or more alike being that they are a boy and a girl?

3. Charlie and Maeve are very much alike! I see so many similar attributes in the two of them. Sometimes I feel like I am reliving exactly what I went through with Charlie as Maeve displays much of the same characteristics at a very similar point in her life. For example, her strong-willed personality, although not as pronounced as Charlie's, began to come through right at the beginning of her life. Her tender, sensitive heart for others and love for her family is as clear as day as is Charlie's sensitive, loving spirit. They both have a passion for life and a joyful personality. They both love The Lord and enjoy learning about Him more and more everyday.
Charlie and Maeve both love music! Charlie channels his love of music more instrumentally as he continues to take piano lessons and Maeve expresses her musicality through dance. She is a mover and a shaker-a very kinesthetic personality! I must mention Charlie's love of art as well! Suggesting any kind of art project be it drawing, painting, gluing, sculpting, etc., sends him on an artistic journey!  Differences aside from gender and looks (I have a chocolate and a vanilla) are limited and I continue to look for them. 

What is your favorite part about being a Mom?

4. My favorite part of being a mom is feeling that unconditional love for my children everyday and being able to pour into them and help to mold them as The Lord guides me. I love the wonder that my children display when they learn or experience something new or do something that they love!

I heard you are homeschooling...do you love it? How is Charlie doing?

5. Yes! We are officially homeschooling. It is very exciting and I am really enjoying it. You asked how Charlie is doing. He is soaring! He is fluently reading books and really enjoying math! We are learning about money and time in math right now. We love AWANA as it helps me to incorporate devotions and bible study into our curriculum.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails