11 October 2010

Mommy Movie Review

Movie Night at the Macs
 I don't know about you, but I'm taking this job as "mommy" very seriously.  I know you all are to!  We only have our children for so many years before they move out on their own and begin leading their own lives.  Children are a gift.  They are given to us and it does matter what we teach them and how we guide them in this life.  It does matter what we allow them to experience, to see, to learn.  Proverbs 22:6 is my parenting motto: "Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it."  God has given us as parents a high calling and a mighty difficult job, but if we look to Him and His standards I know He will be pleased.  Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!"  God gives me the strength each day to do the absolute best that I can (I mess up plenty, but He is also there to dust me off and send me back on my way) with both my children, and for the record, being a parent IS NOT EASY!  But, it is incredibly rewarding, and funny, and wonderful, especially when they are this young and all you want to do is kiss their cute faces all day long.

When this blog post idea came to me to do a movie review of children's movies, I knew I had to involve my Suzette somehow!  We both have daughters practically the same age (almost 3 years old) and we've grown up together when she used to live here in NJ.  We both love the Lord, we want to honor Him with our lives, and we want our children to grow up in homes that protect our children from a secular worldview.  We believe in the truth of God's Word, the Bible, and we believe that every minute counts in training up our children in the way that they should go.

This new Monday post will be from October 18th thru December and each one will highlight one children's movie from my perspective and one from Suzette's perspective.  We each hope to use the wisdom and discernment God has given us, and some real research and searching on our part.  How many times have you started to watch a movie with your child and as the movie was playing you thought to yourself, "something doesn't sit right with me about this film?"  But maybe you just couldn't put your finger on it.  Well, we hope to highlight 20 movies for you and perhaps save you the time of starting a movie and having to stop it, or encourage you to rent/buy some really great children's films out there!  We will share the positives, negatives, and give each movie our Mommy Rating 0-10, zero meaning no way and 10 meaning excellent movie!

We encourage you to read both our posts since it will feature a different movie, and we also want to hear back from you with your opinion or take on the movie.  We hope to spark some really good dialogue and highlight some thought provoking issues.  Don't be afraid to disagree with us or side with us!  We love reading your comments.  We are both praying that this Mommy Movie Review post will really allow us to share our biblical perspective with moms all over.  And that perhaps it may help to shed light on some things you might not have thought of.  We pray that it allows all of us to choose wholesome movies for our kids that we can feel totally comfortable with what they are watching and learning from the material we allow them to see.  Because believe me, they are watching and they are learning.  It doesn't matter how old they are the messages that movie makers want to send out are getting sent out, and we may need to be a bit more careful.  Just because a movie is rated G, DOES NOT mean it is suitable for your child.

So tune in next week for our first Mommy Movie Review!!!  And if you have any suggestions of movies you'd like rated that we don't cover, well, we just might have to do another one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails