08 October 2010

Beautiful Newborn

On Thursday, October 7th, at 9:59 a.m. Elizabeth Grace was born!  The minute John walked in the door, he allowed me to drive off to the hospital to see Christy and Mike's precious baby girl, and let me tell you, she is a beauty.  Right now she is a Mini Mike, with olive skin and dark curly hair, but I know as time goes by she will begin to resemble her beautiful, wonderful, mommy!

I got to just hug my Christy and Mike and chat with them all about their birth experience and hear all the details of Elizabeth's first day in the world.  What an experience.  Christy was so brave and Mike was a great support to her.  I'm so proud of them, and now, it begins!  Parenthood!!!  I would love to post the pics I took, but I don't think it's fair to post pics before the proud parents get to, so I will hold off til they are home and settled!

I can't wait to see them this weekend (I get to bring their first meal to them!) And this time I'm bringing John, he couldn't wait to see pictures of Elizabeth, his first words were, "Do you want another one, now?"  and then he went on to say, "I do!"

There's something so super special about newborns and new parents.  It's just the coolest experience and my words can't even explain how happy and relieved I felt when I got to be there last night.  I told John, I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders, I'm just so thankful she's here safe and sound and that Christy is ok.  Thank you Lord for answering our prayers!

It was also fun to take the kids shopping and buy baby Elizabeth some girl outfits!  Lots of pink, blue, brown, and poka dots!!! (Christy and I love poka dots on girls, and especially brown and blue or pink and blue together)  Julia kept saying to me in the store, "I want to hold that baby!"  And I was like, "Me too!"  Holding baby Elizabeth was so special, she was so perfect and peaceful, not a peep.  She's 7lbs 11 oz and 21 inches long, almost exactly what Julia was, except Julia was 8.1 oz.  It brought back so many memories of bringing my first baby girl into this world, and I was just so happy to share all that with my Christy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails