07 October 2010

Christy and Baby B

My bestie Christy is currently (it's Wednesday evening right now) in the hospital with contractions and will soon be a mommy for the first time!  We don't know if she's having a boy or a girl, but I'm just so excited I can't even sit still!

Christy and Mike are just the sweetest couple you will ever meet.  They were married in 2005 (It was my first time as a bridesmaid, it was so fun!) and when Christy sat on my kitchen floor this past winter as she played with Marky and told me she was pregnant, I couldn't be happier!!!

I'm waiting on pins and needles and just praying that all goes well!  I can't believe soon I will be visiting her, and crying my eyes out because I'll be so happy for her, and will get to hold a part of her!  Isn't it so weird that you can just love a little person even before you meet them or know them?  I texted her today that I can't wait to love this new mini part of her and Mike!  I really can't!

God is just so good, and I can't think of two more deserving people than Christy and Mike.  They just love the Lord with all their heart and they are going to make fantastic parents.

Lord, be with them, be with Christy through each contraction, help her to feel your presence and rely on you for strength, give the doctor's wisdom, and allow Mike to be as helpful and comforting as possible.  I pray Christy has awesome nurses who will bless her and give her just what she needs when she needs it.  I pray the baby will be safe and strong and super healthy.  I pray Christy will have a great birth and that it will be everything she hopes it to be.

I'm keeping my phone on all night, right by my bed, and when I find out the good news...boy or girl...I'll be posting it as an addition to this post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OOOOOOOOOOOH I just can't wait!  I can't wait to go to the hospital, and to cook meals, and to help Christy, and to hear all about the delivery!!!

If you are reading this, please pray with us for Christy, Mike, and this beautiful new life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails