05 February 2011

Spiced Up Steak

Thanks to Suzette's idea of going on SuperCook.com I found a really great recipe using all the spices, and ingredients in my pantry and fridge!  This is just a simple recipe to add to your steak to spice it up, and you can choose your own sides.  We had mashed potatoes and green beans on the side.

Ingredients:

8 pieces of sirloin steaks (we only used 2 for John and I...the kids aren't steak fans)
1 tbsp thyme (I used 1/2 tbsp for each spice since we had less meat to cover)
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp oregano
salt
pepper

Directions: 

1. Mix all of the spices together including salt and pepper
2. Lightly coat the steak with the herbs on both sides.  Cook on high heat for 2 min on each side.
3. Serve with the sides of your choice!

I loved this little recipe because I never would have used those herbs on my steak and the flavor combination was delicious!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails