08 October 2012

Broccoli Cheese Soup

My favorite thing to order at Panera Bread is Broccoli and Cheese Soup with a Salad on the side.  And whenever I order it, guess who "helps" me eat my soup??? Mark and Julia!

I decided to include this yummy soup in my October Menu.  Click here to see my menu this month.






INGREDIENTS: 
4 cups fresh broccoli cut up
1 1/2 quarts chicken broth
2 cups of milk
2 cans of condensed cream of celery soup (10.75) ounces
4 tbsp cornstarch
1/2 cup cold water
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

DIRECTIONS:
1. In a large soup pot, cook broccoli in broth until tender, about 10 minutes
2. In a medium bowl, mix together milk and condensed celery soup.  Blend corn starch with cold water, then stir into soup mixture.  Pour into the pot with the broccoli.  Cook over medium heat, stirring steadily until thick and bubbly.  Stir in cheese and simmer.  Stirring until hot but DO NOT BOIL.

Enjoy!

I will serve ours with a side salad and Italian bread!

1 comment:

  1. Came across your page via Happy-Go-Lucky's Blog Hop :) I love this post. I'm a big fan of just about any cheesy soup. Going to have to put this on my must try list since the weather is starting to get cooler. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails