26 October 2012

Dating my Husband

"Who is she who looks forth as the morning, fair as the moon, clear as the sun, awesome as an army with banners?" --Song of Solomon 6:10 John gave me this verse on our first Valentine's Day as a married couple. He framed and matted 3 of our wedding pictures and included this verse. My verse for him would be: "My beloved is mine and I am his, He feeds his flock among the lilies."--Song of Solomon 2:16. John and I have a deep love for each other. It's definitely deeper than superficial things like looks or smarts. It's a love from the heart, but trust me their is a lot of attraction and passion that I am so thankful for (hence the 3 kids). John will tell you I stalked him for years in high school! (Don't believe a word he says) He also has no problem saying, "Isn't my wife hot?" and embarrassing me to pieces (hence the shade of crimson). But the teasing and the banter it is all out of love and secretly he knows I adore it. Although I would NEVER admit to it! To me "dating your spouse" is EXTREMELY important. Before kids, after kids, and when the kids have gone and moved on. I plan on dating John til the day I die. He will be my forever boyfriend. Just this weekend we went out on a triple date and in the car ride to our friends home I said, "I like going out with my boyfriend." We love date nights, and try to get at least once a month out of the house if not two! It could be visiting friends, going out to dinner, watching a quick movie, going shopping. It's great to just reconnect, talk, and not worry about who took who's toy, or who needs to use the potty! Soon we will have a new born again. Date nights will be less frequent, and more creativity on our part will have to take place. No problem! We sometimes enjoy a movie downstairs or an episode of Lost on the IPad in bed. No matter what I will go out of my way to show John he is number one in my life (the Lord of course is first). John and I were the family before the kids, and I want our kids to see and feel our love and affection for each other. I want them to see a couple who is truly, madly, and deeply in love. One that can have a disagreement, but apologize and makeup, one that prays together, jumps for joy together, dances together, and lives life happily together. Let's pray for our marriages. That God will be at the center and keep us strong so that we can be good examples to our kids.
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I just found (and subscribed to) you yesterday and I feel we are long lost friends. My post for today was similar to this one.

    http://www.thelostapron.com/2012/10/what-do-your-children-think-of-your-marriage.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious post. I pray I have a marriage that is a godly example to my children one day as well!

    ahumblebumble.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy reading your post. You are such an encouragement!
    Christy :)
    Mrs. Christy’s Leaping Loopers

    ReplyDelete

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails