02 October 2012

How will I....?


Today Mom and I went "shopping" for Baby Mac.  Actually we walked around the Babies R Us store together and registered for baby number 3 while Julia and Mark "helped" us...(waited patiently before we went to the toy side).

It was so exciting and so fun to "shop" for a newborn again. Since we don't know if it is a boy or a girl I tried to keep things very gender neutral, but somehow that gun kept snagging pink items...hmmmm...I couldn't help it!

If this baby is a boy I am going to have a lot of explaining to do to him.

But when I got home with some free samples and the magazines, and my printed out register list, I got to thinking...How in the world am I going to manage 3 little people?

Isn't it funny?  I never once worried about when we found out with Mark...and Julia was only 10 months old at the time.  But now I will be totally outnumbered!  I mean one mommy and three kids!  How does Kate with 8 kids and Mrs. Duggar do it???

I know it's humanly possible.  I know "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13, but how is it physically possible??? I will have three kids to feed, bathe, entertain, teach, go on errands with, (how will I do food shopping?) what will this even look like?

There are times at night when John and I are playing with the kids that I say, "Honey, can you imagine one more climbing on you/"  And as he's gasping for air, tickling and wrestling our 3 and 4 year old, he sighs, and goes, "I have no idea!"

I know it will just be something that I do.  Just like when Mark was born and I had a 17 mos. old at home who was very bright and very active (and she still is), I just did it.  We went everywhere, we shopped, we did school, we traveled, we visited friends and family, we just did it.

I'm getting excited for our new minivan purchase this Christmas, and for the bedroom switches.  Plus I have pretty sweet, loving kids who are very tender with babies, and I know Julia and Mark are going to be helpful.  I just worry and wonder and have to give it right over to Jesus.  He knows.  He will be my help.  And of course we will survive.  I'm not the first mommy to have 3 kids under the age of 5.  And honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way.

****Tomorrow's Post: "Mommy where do all our mistakes go?"--Julia

2 comments:

  1. I tell everyone: My mother did it (first surprise twins and then several years later i hit the scene). My mother always says, ' it just worked. It couldn't be and wasnt any other way.'
    PS: I say 'my mother' because my father was working full time as well as going to school. Still totally present in our lives, but my mother was the one doing the day tomday, daily, every day things..
    PSS: I had an incredible childhood and I can guaranteed in 25 years, your children will be saying the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Casey! I pray you are right! Your mom sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails