03 October 2012

Mommy, where do all our mistakes go?

Deut 11:18

Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.
On Monday mornings we take the time to really review our Awana Bible Lesson for the week and our memory verse.  We've been learning about Creation at Awana and at BSF so lately a lot of our discussion has been about how God created everything, how the Garden of Eden looked, how powerful God is, how He keeps His promises and how he made everything good.


But then....sin entered into the picture when Adam and Eve disobeyed God.  So we talked about what sin is, how we all make mistakes, etc.

Picture me in the middle of the couch and Julia and Mark on each side of me.  The Awana book is spread open, and their little brains are a-buzzing.  Mark was thinking about how Big and Great and how many muscles God has that he put this whole earth into motion and created everything, and Julia was stuck on this sin problem.

Julia asks, "Mommy where do all our mistakes go?  When we sin, what does God do with our sins?"  Great Question, right?

Well, I said, "The bible says that when we ask for forgiveness for our sins that God separates our sins as far as the east is from the west."  Great answer mommy, Julia had no idea what I was talking about.  Why do I always answer them like they are teenagers?

Julia goes, "Well, I think he puts them all in the sky, or the ocean."  And that was that.

Then Mark asks, "Mommy who made God?"  Good question!!  Before  I could even answer Julia goes...

"Mark, God made himself."  In other words, no one made God He just always was, but she puts it so much better for her 3 year old brother to understand.

Deuteronomy 6: 6-9 says: 
"These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart.
You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up.
"You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead.
You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.
I am so thankful for time spent with my kids talking about the Lord.  That I have this time.  That I am home with them.  That we are memorizing bible verses together, and that we are teaching them God's truth.  I write these conversations and questions down not to gloat or brag about my kids, because trust me they are just normal wonderful kids who make mistakes, have runny noses, and have to sit in time out at times, but I write them down so one day I can look back and show them how we had these little talks, how smart they were, and show them the questions they had.

Thank you Lord for this time with my kids.  Please help me not to take it for granted.

***2 Samuel 22:23 
All his laws are before me; I have not turned away from his decrees.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails