14 November 2009

Happy Birthday my Friend!!!


"Who can say if I've been changed for the better, but, because I knew you, I have been changed for good."

Dearest Suzette,

I really just want to convey to you what a huge blessing and inspiration you've been to me over the last year since we've been back in contact. From the simple ways you care for the people you love, to how you get excited about cleaning a room, to your faithful devotion to your sister Faye, I just really admire you!

Hebrews 6: 10 For God is not unjust to forget your work and labor of love which you have shown toward the saints, and do minister.

You inspire me to be a better wife, a better mom, a better sister, and a better daughter! I love how your main focus or goal in life of course is to serve Christ and bring glory to His name, but also "to make life wonderful for your family."

Most people want to make life wonderful for themselves; I even get trapped in that vicious cycle myself when I lose my focus on the Lord. But to honestly say you want to make life wonderful for Brian, Addie, Faye, your Dad, and all of your extended family is such a blessing to me because now that is what I want to do.

I have found that on my darkest days, whether I am tired, or blue, or struggling to pull things together because I feel pulled in so many directions, if I just focus on making life wonderful for those around me, the focus is shifted off of my wants onto my family's needs. What a much more healthy place to be.

Thank you for writing in your blog. I have only a handful of friends that I look up to spiritually. Especially my young mommmy friends. Most of my mommy friends are not believers yet and so it is sometimes hard to relate to them because I know God is calling me to such a higher purpose; He wants me to be winning souls (or planting seeds) for Christ and teaching my children about His Word. My kids have been a great ministry opener because I meet so many new people, but it is so great to hear from a godly mom on a daily basis. Even though you are far away your transparent heart and love for God is very refreshing!

Thank you my dear sweet friend for blessing me this year! Happy Birthday! I am so thankful you were born today! I love you, my friend! (I can't wait for Addie and Julia to begin writing; I have a feeling they will be penpals.)

Keep up with your labor of love, your light is shining through!!! Matthew 5:16

1 comment:

  1. Dear Kristi, Thank you. Your encouraging words were just what I needed to hear. You have been just asuch of a blessing to us. We love you so much too. And I can't wait for our girls to begin writing each other as well.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails