30 November 2009

Julia is 23 months!!!







Julia Star McInerney is almost 2!!! Woohoo!!

I can not believe my baby girl is almost 2, time is flying by and she is learning and growing so fast. I prayed and prayed for a baby and so when I found out I was pregnant with Julia it was such a blessing and answer to prayer. The first person I shared the news with was my sister Sara, a promise from a long time ago...after we told our immediate families, the next people we told were our two favorite mentors in the world, Bill and Christy, hence why they are her God parents!

I pray many verses into Julia's life. Here are just a few:

Proverbs 31:30
Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing. But a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised.

Julia I pray that you are a confident woman of God who is beautiful on the outside, but who more importantly fears God in her heart and seeks to bring glory to His name with your life.

Proverbs 6: 20-22 My son, (My daughter Julia) keep your father's command, and do not forsake the law of your mother. Bind them continually upon your heart; tie them around your neck. When you roam they will lead you; when you sleep they will keep you; and when you awake they will speak with you.

Julia I pray that we can be the best parents that God has created for you. I pray we teach you from His word, and lead you by example. I pray our words may be few and our actions will speak volumes to you. I pray you see Daddy and I loving eachother because this will also teach you how to be a good wife someday! Ultimately I pray you obey us with a willing heart because we will be seeking to do God's will in your life for as long as He allows us to parent you. You are our gift.

Ephesians 4:29 Let not corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers.

Julia as you begin to learn new words and ways to communicate with the world around you I pray that your words will bring grace to all who listen. I pray that you are slow to speak, and quick to listen, and slow to become angry. I pray that no foul words will come out of your mouth. I pray that the adults and people in your life will continue to teach you good words, kind words, encouraging words to say. You are so smart! You are my delight. I love to hear you sing, talk, and play with your toys. I love that your new word is Whoopsie daisy! Since mommy seems to say that whenever you stumble!

Daniel 1:8 But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king's delicacies, nor with the wine which he drank...

Julia I pray that you choose a Jesus filled life! I pray that you purpose in your own heart the truth of God's Word. I don't want you to ever just try to be a christian because it will make mommy and daddy happy. I want you to see that there is true joy in following and obeying God because there is! I pray that you will not defile yourself with the things of this world that may seem appealing but in the end bring you shame, or lead you down the wrong path.

Psalm 30: 12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to You forever.

Julia I pray you are bold in your faith and want to tell the world about Jesus. I don't want you to be afraid or to be silent. I want you to be bold and confident because you are so proud to be a daughter of the King!

1 comment:

  1. Kristi, that is beautiful. And God's Word never returns void.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails