22 December 2010

LAST One! The Power of a Praying Wife: Chapter 30: His Future

We did it! We made it through all 30 chapters of The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie O'Martian.  This has been about my third or fourth or fifth read through of this book, and the message is clear...when we pray for our husbands not only do we bless our husbands, but God in his awesomeness changes our own hearts and lives and blesses us!

Have you enjoyed praying for your husband?  I think that God knew I needed to do this book right at this time, between John's job changes, putting our house on the market, and raising two Toddlers, and added ministry responsibilities at church, God taught me that my priority is my home and especially my husband!  My relationship with God definitely affects all my other relationships, and the three relationships I'm working on right now are that between my husband, Julia and Mark.  This little family God has given me is my MAIN priority, and I found that while praying for protection for John, praying for his job, finances, faith, etc, it really reminded me of things that I need to work on in my own heart and life.  Isn't it funny how we think that other people need to change and when we start praying for them we realize how short we come when compared to our Holy and perfect Father?   

Thank you God for constantly reminding me to pray for John and my little family, and my own short comings.  Continue to use me as the woman of the house to be the loving support and nurturer that I need to be.  Give me patience and wisdom, because I need  A LOT.

His Future

Do you have a vision for your life?  For your family? I do! My vision is: No matter what happens to us we will continue to seek God and trust Him.  We will do our absolute best to serve Him.  We will put God first in our marriage.  We will strive to raise our children in a godly and biblical manner.  And we will laugh, a LOT.  Stormie says, "Having a vision doesn't necessarily mean knowing the specifics about what is going to happen next.  It has to do with sensing the general direction you're moving in and having hope that something good is on the horizon.  It's knowing that you do have a future and a purpose, and that it is bright."

1 Corinthians 2:9 "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him."

1 Corinthians 9:24 "Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it."

Going through this life on earth has so many uncertainties, Will my house sell? Will my husband's salary be able to provide for all of us?  Will I continue to be a stay at home mom?  Will I send my children to school, private/public, will I home school?  Will we move far away?  Will we have more children?  But knowing that God has amazing things up ahead for us, that He loves us and is in control, knowing that I have a purpose and a responsibility to live in such a way that honors God all gives me hope and enthusiasm and even excitement in each new day.

We may not know what the future holds, but we know who is in control of our future!  We know who will never leave us or forsake us.  We know that no matter what God works all things together for good to them that love Him.

So I will be praying for my family and for YOU and your future.  I pray that God gives you a clear vision for your future.  I pray that God will show you how His plans are for good and not evil-to give you a hope and a future (Jeremiah 29:11).  I pray that you will find the vision for your future in God.

Jeremiah 31: 17 There is hope in your future.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! I needed this post after Chuck had to work about 16 hours and I missed him! I am still able to be a stay at home mom for our three kids! When you pray for someone else, your heart definately changes also! Love the post!

    Kathy McCain

    ReplyDelete

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails