08 December 2010
The Power of a Praying Wife Chapter 28: Self-Image
It is a choice to view ourselves the way God sees us and not try to keep up with the Jones or compare ourselves to others.
Stormie O'Martian says, "Our first steps are to be toward Him: seeking His face, following His laws, putting Him first and self centered pursuits last. When we line up with Him, He leads the way and all we have to do is follow."
Isn't it neat that as we stay focused on God and look to Him the glory of His image gets imprinted upon us. We become free because we realize who we are in Him, why He made us, and what our purpose in this life is. And prayer is a powerful way to ask for God's help so that we can keep focused on Him when it is very easy to get side tracked.
You can't find out who you really are until you find out who God really is! So ask for God to reveal Himself to you and be careful to pay attention and listen when you "hear" His voice speaking to you.
Let's pray that:
* We will find our identities in God
* We can understand our worth through His eyes and by His standards
* Pray that we recognize the unique qualities that God has placed in us
* Enable us to see ourselves the way God sees us
* God will quiet the voices that tell us otherwise and give us ears to hear His voice only
Remind your husband of his unique qualities that God has blessed him with. Share an encouraging scripture.