28 November 2011

9-1-1

On Sunday, October 16th, my sister in law got engaged.  I've blogged about this before but what I failed to mention on that special day involves the numbers 9-1-1 and the handsome fella to the left.

It was a gorgeous, sunny afternoon, and we were celebrating at my friend Cinzia's house who just christened her youngest son that day.  We got the text and the phone call that Laurie and Kelsey got engaged and to please stop by my in laws for some champagne.

We rushed over and kissed and hugged everyone and then sat down to hear all the details about how Kelsey proposed.  They went to Cheese-quake park, they walked around, he had a cool message on his I pad for her to read, etc, etc...

The next thing we know (as Laurie and Kelsey are telling us their exciting story) is a armed police officer at the front door, talking to us through the screen, asking if we were ok.

My first thought was that maybe we were too loud since we were so excited, but then the officer went on to say that they recieved two 9-1-1 calls in the past 5 minutes from this residence.  We look around the room, and who do we find on the house phone dialing numbers...

Marky boy!

Oh we apologized profusely.  The officer was so nice, and actually knew my father in law from Taekwondo training and all was forgiven, but we couldn't get over the fact that a two year old dialed 9-1-1 and the cops showed up during the engagement story!

We laughed and laughed.

And both the children were reminded they are only to call 9-1-1 during an emergency!!!

Life with toddlers...never a dull moment!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails