18 November 2011

Even Little Ones Pray...

Last Saturday Mark had the cutest, funniest "thankful" prayer.

Dear God,


Thank you for pancakes...


Thank you for syrup...


Thank you for marshmallows...


Amen.

Can you tell that it was a weekend and Daddy was home to make a big breakfast for us, and that we ended the evening with s'mores in front of the fireplace?  Mark's favorite thing in the world is marshmallows.

Now...Mark's older sister Julia had a very different "thankful" prayer which really shows her age and maturity (and sweetness and sensitivity)

Dear God,


Thank you that Daddy can work and make money.


Thank you that mommy's headache feels better.


Thank you that we could play at the park.


Thank you for Jesus.


Amen.

And what is my "thankful" prayer you may ask...

Dear God,


Thank you for children who pray.  Thank you for little folded hands and closed eyes.  Thank you for hands that hug my leg when I cook, and feet that follow me as I get dressed in the morning.  Thank you for little fingers that gently rub my cheek or pat my back.  Thank you for your love and kindness all around.  Thank you for children and their trusting, believing hearts.


Amen.



Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. What sweet little prayers.
    I am a new follower from the hop. Just wanted to let you know I shared the button on my Blog Hops page.
    Would love if you could stop on by Tots and Me for a visit. My Lovin' The Weekend blog hops are going live tonight at 8pm, would love if you could stop by and link up.
    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! That is the most precious little prayer!

    Ps. Your pictures are BEAUTIFUL!

    Whitney
    http://keepingupwiththecyperts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Whiney! We just had a christmas photo shoot in the park...I'm loving the pics too, the photographer captured so many sweet moments!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails