20 November 2010
Saturday Recipe Swap--Ditallini Pasta and White Bean Zuchini Dish
This recipe was from a magazine and there were only pictures, no measurements! But I liked that I could play with the recipe and figure out what worked best for my family. Below is how I made it two nights ago, and my family LOVES this dish. It's a great way to sneak in veggies and protein under some Parmesan cheese and anything with pasta is acceptable to my Toddlers.
1 TBSP olive oil
1 chopped onion
2 zuchini cut in long thin slivers or diced
1 can of white beans, drained and rinsed
2 cups of Tubetti pasta or ditallini pasta
Parmesan cheese (optional)
Bacon chopped up (optional)
1. In a cooking pan add olive oil under med heat and add chopped onion. After sauteing for about 2 minutes add about 1 1/2 cups of water.
2. As water bubbles to a boil add your pasta. Let pasta cook for a good 10 minutes, stirring constantly. If you feel you need to add more water, do it!
3. When pasta starts to soften add beans and stir for 2-3 minutes, cover.
4. Add zuchini pieces and let soften, cover for 2-3 minutes.
****Make sure you stir throughout this dish cooking because the pasta has a tendency to stick to the bottom since they are so little.
5. When you are ready to serve top with Parmesan cheese and bacon!