12 November 2010
2. How long have you been together? 16 years (we met at age 16, but during college we were apart) Married for 7!!!
3. How long did you know each other before you started dating? Just a few months.
4. Who asked who out? John asked me of course : )
5. How old are each of you? We are both 32
6. Did you go to the same school? Yes! Our high schools merged during Junior year and that's how we met. We shared homeroom together since our last names were both M's...McKinney and McInerney
7. Are you from the same home town? pretty much, Old Bridge and Parlin, very close
8. Who is the smartest? Definitely John! He is one of the smartest people I know, he loves to research and analyze things that just make my brain hurt! Although I have my Masters already :)
9. Who majored in what? John majored in Finance at Pace University and I majored in Elementary Ed and Theater at Rowan University. John is working on his Masters of Divinity degree at Nyack (currently on hold) and I got my Masters in Education in 2005 at Baptist Bible College in PA.
10. Who is the most sensitive? I'm very sensitive, but when John preaches about the Lord we call him the weeping prophet! He always gets choked up when he speaks about how awesome God is.
11. Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple? In 2005 we did a month long missions trip to China! It was about a 14 hour plane ride. But we've been all around the world and Europe is definitely one of our favorite places to travel...we loved our time in England, Paris, Rome, and Barcelona.
12. Who has the worst temper? Well, I'm sad to say it's probably me. I grew up in a home where we could never express our feelings and so now that I'm an adult and I feel free and comfortable to let my feelings out sometimes I need lots of grace from John.
13. How many children do you want? 4 or 5 but right now we have an amazing 2 year old daughter and an awesome 1 year old son!
14. Who does the cooking? During the week I do most of the cooking, but sometimes on the weekend John cooks, and he's really great at whipping up delicious meals.
15. Who is more social? John will laugh at this one, it is definitely me! I'm a theatre major, remember, need I say more? I love people! I can have a 10 minute conversation with the bank teller, postal worker, or cashier clerk!
16. Who is the neat freak? Actually we both are! But now that John works so many hours, it is usually me who cleans and picks up.
17. Who is the most stubborn? Uh oh, I guess that would be me, also. John is pretty near perfect, it's very convicting. :)
18. Who wakes up earlier? John leaves the house before 6:30 am, and he actually works out around 5 am, I wake up usually right before he leaves.
19. Where was your first date? We went bowling with a group of friends and then ate dinner at the Pancake House on Route 9.
20. Who has the bigger family? Definitely me! My mom was one of 7 children, and My dad has 2 brothers. We have tons of aunts, uncles, and cousins. John's immediate family is rather small, its just him and his sister and I'm one of 3 girls.
21. Do you get flowers often? Oh my goodness, John used to bring me flowers all the time when we were dating. He put a rose in my locker once a month on the 28th since we officially started dating on Feb 28th. He's gotten me so many roses and flowers from the same florist since we were 16 that the florist could NOT believe him when we went to him during our engagement to order flowers for the wedding that I was the same girl he bought flowers for all those years. He gave us a huge discount because he liked John's faithfulness and character so much! John must've spent a small fortune over the years in flowers on me. We have a MUCH tighter budget now...but Mother's Day and Valentine's Day I always get roses.
22. How do you spend the holidays? We do our best to spend time with both families equally. Thanksgiving we do every other year with opposite families, Christmas Eve is with John's family, and Christmas Day is with my family. Palm Sunday is John's family, and Easter is my family.
23. Who is more jealous? We both have nothing to be jealous of so we really don't even think of this one.
24. How long did it take to get serious? John proppsed to me on June 9, 2002 and since I'm a teacher and I was working on my Masters during the summer at that time we waited til the following year August 8, 2003 to get married. It was 14 long months. If I could do it all over again, I would NOT have waited that long! Thank goodness we had a pastor who met with us monthly and kept us accountable. I would not recommend a long engagement, but that's just my opinion.
25. Who eats more? Oh my, that is so easy...JOHN! It's totally not fair how much he can eat and how trim he still looks!
26. What do you do for a living? I am currently a stay at home mom! I taught pre-k and elementary school for over 7 years.
27. Who does the laundry? Me! I love it!
28. Who's better with the computer? John!!!
29. Who drives when you are together? Usually John
30. What is your song? Oh my, John and I love music and it is so hard to pick just one song, but our wedding song was by Sade...By your side and All about our Love