23 June 2011

Thankful Thursday-5


Thankful Thursday

I’m so thankful for summer time!

We are excited to have a mini-preschool Graduation for Daddy on Sunday to showcase some of our hard work this year, but then we will relax and just enjoy Circle Time a few times during the week!

I’m thankful for all our friend’s with pools and always inviting us over for a swim! We’ve already been invited to the Hech’s, Guevara’s, and Coyle’s house for pool play dates! Our church family is such a blessing.



I’m thankful for John. Let’s see…for his hard work, his self less spirit, his never ending ideas, his strong hands that are able to hold, “Two Babies!” as the kids cry out each night when he comes home early. I’m thankful for his love and the way he still texts me and calls me throughout the day to let me know he’s thinking of me and that he cares. This August we will celebrate 8 years of marriage!



I’m thankful for my extended family who are always willing to lend a helping hand.

I’m thankful for my friends who keep me grounded, laughing, and honest.

I’m thankful for God’s Word which is more fulfilling than any meal, it satisfies my deepest desires and hungers. “As the deer pants for the water so my soul longs after thee.” God is my best friend. He’s the lover of my soul. And it may sound strange if you aren’t in a relationship with Him, but if you are you know just what I mean.

I’m always thankful for my children because without them I wouldn’t see how selfish I can be. They teach me constantly how to be patient, take deep breaths, enjoy the moment, and smile at the little things.



I’m thankful for Julia’s prayer tonight that was over 3 minutes long and included parts like, “Please help Marky to pee in the potty and not on the floor,” and “thank you for the beach.”
I’m thankful for Mark’s persistence in potty training (the poor kid has been ready, but mommy was dreading it) every time his sister goes potty he begins to take off everything and follow right behind her.

I’m thankful my mom arrived safe in Barbados on Monday morning. She is visiting our two aunts there. Lenore and Mavis are aunts of my grandfather. My mom will be in seventh heaven with them, enjoying vacation time and being near the ocean!

I’m thankful for the ability and time and brain power (sometimes) to write and blog because it has allowed me to make new friends, connect with old friends, and encourage people in a small and tangible way. I’m always amazed at your comments of how my words have helped you in some small way or caused you to think about something differently. Thank you to all of you who take the time to comment, I know it’s an extra commitment and it does brighten my day!

Lastly, I’m thankful for this tea cup. My mother in law gave it to me and in it holds the warmest and most flavorful Passion tea by Tazo. It’s a deep red color and it is so good. John and Julia are watching the Nature channel and drinking tea as well. Julia told him, “I want tea!!! Daddy, girls like tea!” when I asked who wanted some with me. We all laughed. I’m thankful for that too…

2 comments:

  1. What wonderful things to be thankful for! Especially the sweet little prayer for her little brother to pee in the potty!! too cute. I'm a new follower from the mingle with us blog hop! can't wait to read more of your blog :) have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Thankful Thursday posts. They are so sweet and very inpiring. Your little girl's prayer was so cute! You have such a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails