06 April 2012

Good Friday

Isaiah 53: 5 But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. 

This weekend we celebrate the death of Christ.

Isn't it weird to celebrate someone's death?

But those of us who have known family or friends who have passed from this life to the next know that when you know they loved Jesus and accepted Him as Lord of their life and Savior of their sins, you know they are absent from the body but present with the Lord...and funerals of those who are one with Christ are actually celebrations.

This week we have talked about the cross and the sacrifice Jesus made for our sins for us over and over, and again and again with the kids. Last night we went to TCS to hear Dr. Hartzler speak about the Glory of the Cross. Dr. Hartzler is now the Superintendent at TCS...he was also the Dean of my Graduate School and like a father to me. So when I got an email inviting all families and friends of TCS to attend...we packed our things up and went...and my two kids sat still and quiet for the entire time!!! (lollipops helped)

I rededicated my life to Christ that summer of 2002...John had just gotten saved in 2001 and God was drawing us both nearer to Himself.

The Glory of the Cross is all about how amazing it is that Christ led a perfect life, and died in our place on the cross for our sins. We didn't deserve it, but God loved us so much, and He is so holy, and we needed a Savior. God's plan was absolutely perfect.

As a mother of two children I can't imagine allowing one of my children to suffer for the sake of another. I can't imagine watching them be crushed, mocked, bruised, and killed so that others who were truly at fault could be free. How great His love is for us...that He would allow His one and only Son to be bruised for us...sinners...

Thank you Jesus. It's Good Friday because God is so good. He is so holy. He is so loving.

Thank you for the cross. I serve a risen Lord. I celebrate His death and resurrection because now I can have a relationship with the one true God!

Happy Easter!!!!

He is Risen!

He is Risen...indeed!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails