04 April 2012

Missing Your Man

Me and my man on Palm Sunday
This has been such a busy week for us over here...we are enjoying Spring Break with family and friends and having some Grandma time and friend time for me, and tomorrow Julia will have her first girl playdate with a girlfriend from church.  We are taking the two 4 year olds to Sweet and Sassy for manicures...they are going to be in little girl heaven!

But what has made this week difficult is that John hasn't gotten home til about 10 pm every night.  He leaves by 6:30 or 7 a.m...and then I don't see him til way after the kids are in bed (I've even been allowing them to stay up later than normal just for company!)

What is a girl to do when she misses her man, and yet she knows he is working hard to provide for the family? (I've been praying that God would continue to bless the fruit of all of John's labor...and God has!!! He got another bonus this month and more clients keep coming...but then he has to create portfolios and keep up with all of his clients and has more meetings...and thus I don't see him all day long. 

I sometimes feel alone.  A girlfriend contacted me through facebook today...all the way from Georgia!  She knows who she is...we started texting and then we shared how we are both missing our hubbys.  It made me feel better knowing that I'm not the only one.  It was good to know that I had a sister in the Lord praying for me...because by 8pm with the kids all day, by myself, answering all the questions, playing, teaching, driving, cooking, cleaning...I'm tired...and cranky!

I had some good time with the Lord this week too...that really helped.  Just knowing and trusting God for the days needs and knowing He was my strength... and knowing that I am clothed with strength and dignity...Proverbs 31: 25 also helped.  God is so good and faithful to provide support and friendships when you may least expect it and in the most unusual places...like through your blog, or on facebook, or a simple text even...these tiny bursts of love and energy can help you get through a long day!

Here are some other verses Beth Moore shared in the Bible Study book I'm doing right now with my Ladie's Bible Study...it's called So Long, Insecurity...My prayer for you today...no matter who you are or what your circumstances may be...that you will not feel alone...remember our feelings do not have to dictate our choices and they are not always true to reality...they may feel real, but the truth of the matter is WE ARE NOT alone...God is always with us...

God will...

perfect everything that concerns you (Psalm 138: 8)
work all things together for your good (Romans 8: 28)
contend with those who contend with you (Isaiah 49: 25)
fight this battle for you (2 Chronicles 20:15)
equip you with divine power (2 Corinthians 10:4)
delight to show you mercy (Micah 7:18)
meet all your needs according to My glorious riches in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19)
give you grace that is perfectly sufficient (2 Corinthians 12:9)
be your power in weakness (2 Corinthians 12:9)

and my absolute favorite...

do immeasurably more than all you could ask or imagine, according to the power that is at work within you (Ephesians 3:20)

Do you see now why Jesus my Lord and Savior is my very best friend?  He is soooo good to me! And He always goes above and beyond what I can even ask or think to ask!

So...it is almost 10 pm...my hubby is still away...but that's okay...because I am not alone.

Ever.


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that definitely would be difficult! I miss my hubs, and he's usually home by 4:30! It is so good though to have a friend who understands what you are going through. I'm glad you've found someone to confide in! Thanks for your encouraging comments about my pregnancy, we are so excited for this little one and a whole new phase of life. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully put, Kristi! When Brian has to work out of town ocassionally, I get that lonely feeling and it makes me even more thankful for the days when he doesn't work out of town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE beth moore - doing her breaking free study with my life group right now...and, she just always has something to say that hits just right

    ReplyDelete

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails