10 January 2014

Choosing Joy

Photograph by Erin Nicastro Photography at Holmdel Park

JOY

James 1: 2-4


 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials,knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.

Parenthood is rewarding.  It's awesome.  It's wonderful to have children.  They are truly a gift.

But let's face it...parenthood is HARD work.  It's exhausting.  It's endless. It's sacrificial.  And my least favorite...it's messy.

It's also the absolute hardest job I've ever had.

But regardless, I choose joy.

I choose to look past the mess, the work, the exhaustion, and I choose to find joy in the smallest of things.

Micah's chubby hands.  Julia's gorgeous smile.  Mark's silly sense of humor.  The hamper when it's full reminds me that God provided clothes for us to wear all day.  The dishes in the sink remind me that we had 3 square meals with snacks in between.  The fingerprints on the windows and fridge remind me that little people had fun while mama was busy.

I choose joy because life is a gift.  Tomorrow is not promised.  And one day they will all be grown up and it will just be John and I again.  I choose joy because my hands are FULL, and God calls me blessed.  He gave me life.  He gave me a new day to breathe.  And I won't waste a single moment complaining!

Today.  I.  Choose.  Joy.




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails