02 May 2014

Our Very First Cookbook

Wanting to Make a Difference

My amazing husband John who likes my cooking and who loves my blog came up with this great idea that I should start compiling all of my recipes and the meals I make at home and share them in a cookbook!  He also said that since the readers of my blog are fellow moms who love to share recipes we should incorporate other people's favorite recipes and create a diverse cookbook which would represent our family and my blog family.

I loved the idea...but I wanted the cookbook to stand for a  cause and be not only a great resource for other moms and dads who enjoy cooking, but a blessing to other people.  I also was afraid to commit to such a task with a baby on the way...but Philippians 4:13 says with God ALL things are possible!  Plus, John and I work well under pressure, have you noticed?

So, this Summer and Fall we will be working on our very first cookbook!  This is huge!  This is such an exciting opportunity for me and for my blog.  I want to use it all for God's glory...not my own!

We have two very dear friends, Christianne and Grant (Micah's godparents in India) who work with a group of other Americans (5 in total) living in Kolkata, next to the largest red-light area of India, 10,000 women, who are now trapped in the sex trade.  Their desire is to provide economic opportunity for women to leave the trade and sustainably provide for themselves and their families in a dignified and loving work-place.  Their vision is to open a cafe/bakery by the end of 2014...

Wouldn't it be a blessing to help these women get started in careers and help them get out of the sex-trade industry?

How cool is it that our cookbook could raise money to help women in this way?

I want this cookbook, whatever profit we make, for 50% of the proceeds to go to straight to the bakery in India.  I want to be able to collect funds (with all of my readers help of course) and write a check that could possible buy a woman out of slavery from the sex-trade.

We are told in Micah 6:8 He has shown thee, oh man, what is good and what does the Lord require of thee? But to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God.

Seek Justice.

Love Mercy.

Walk Humbly With God.

I am so excited to announce this Project Cookbook 2014 (We are still working on a catchy name for the cookbook...I like Happy Food but I haven't swayed John on that title as of yet, but Christianne likes it!)

Will you partner with us?  We are not exactly sure what each cookbook would cost to get published but we are hoping in the neighborhood of no more than $30 each book.  And half the proceeds would go straight to Christianne and Grant for the building of their cafe/bakery in India!

I will start compiling my favorite recipes, food photos, and quick stories for each one and start sharing them weekly with all of you!  Hopefully it will encourage you to send me your favorite family recipe and to join us in this new venture!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails